• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Talk Nintendo

Welcome to Talk Nintendo. This is a friendly community about the Nintendo and their games and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Talk Nintendo today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Talk Nintendo gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Somehow my 3DS (or my sisters) won't connect to the internet.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

Earlier, our internet connection went down a bit, but now it's back up, but the 3DSs still won't connect. (Also my 3DS has a flashing red light <_< I really must charge it)

When I do a connection test it just says "Testing connection" for AGES and then just fails.
In the corner, I see 3 bars, and the word "Internet".

Unless it's on Nintendo's side? Just to test, can anyone else connect to the internet? For example, go to System Settings, Other Settings and go to System Update. Does it connect and then say "Updating" or does it just keep "connecting" for ages?

#2 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

So, Princess Zelda, do you know anything about this?

EDIT, OK, this is stupid. Guys? No one has posted a single post in the entire forums of Nintendo 3DS Community for almost 30 minutes.

#3 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

*ahem* Anyone? It's been almost an hour.

#4 RootBoi

RootBoi

Dr. Greenthumb

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:The Witcher 2
  • Favourite 3DS game:Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  • 3DS Friend Code:2492-4140-3369

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

Charge your 3Ds and your wireless will come back on. It switched it off to preserve energy. It's automatic, If that doesn't work, there might be somethign wrong

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4140-3369
A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed, But A Friend With Weed Is Bettaa..

they laugh at me cuz I'm different, i laugh at them cuz they are all the same....

I'm not drunk. I am just exhausted from a long night of drinking!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

No, my sisters 3DS has a full charge (well 4 bars anyway). Neither of them would connect. And I've had mine since launch more or less, and she's had hers since April 8th, and we've been able to connect to the internet. It seems to have started this tonight. I could understand it when our internet was actually down, but when it's back up, but the 3DS still doesn't connect (yes I've turned it off and on again), that's weird.

#6 kunino-sagiri

kunino-sagiri

DK Balloon

• Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • 3DS Friend Code:1032-1215-8427

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

Try deleting all of the connection settings for that wifi connection on your 3DS, then re-entering them.

"I swear on the name of Dumuzid, the Shepherd, consort of Ishtar! Your ass is mine, punk!" - Thomas Mutton

#7 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

I did that before you suggested that. I have definitely typed in the correct Wired Equivalent Privacy security password (I don't use the Wireless Fidelity Protected Access security).

#8 RootBoi

RootBoi

Dr. Greenthumb

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:The Witcher 2
  • Favourite 3DS game:Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  • 3DS Friend Code:2492-4140-3369

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

Do you use any security protocol? Maybe someone switched it while changing a password or something and the protocol isn't supported by the 3Ds. I know that WEP and WPA are supported by 3Ds. N the Ds only accepts WEP (I switched my security to this for my DS games to work)

This is just a guess again. Best test would be taking the 3Ds to another network and see if you can connect there. Then you know if it is your 3Ds' or the network

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4140-3369
A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed, But A Friend With Weed Is Bettaa..

they laugh at me cuz I'm different, i laugh at them cuz they are all the same....

I'm not drunk. I am just exhausted from a long night of drinking!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

I'm at home, and we have our own router. Also, it was the 3DS, since it's now working today.

#10 Zexis

Zexis

Ex-staff

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Try rebooting your router + modem. They're flaky like that. Also, make sure that none of the router's settings were changed during the down-time, such as the activation of a firewall. If that still doesn't work, attempt to manually input your wireless settings if you've got the DS set to do so automatically.

EDIT: Can your DS connect to your router at all? If it can, do you receive an error code upon trying to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi? If so, look up the error code to see if you can be given any additional info.

Edited by Zexis, 08 May 2011 - 05:16 PM.

Zexi_zpsb52620eb.png2l9gqds.png

Signature art (left) made by Pocari, pixelated art (right) made by Dbuhos of the Blacklight forums

#11 Super Leaf

Super Leaf

Official N3DSC Leaf

• Members
  • 2,688 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Pikmin 2
  • Favourite 3DS game:Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7
  • 3DS Name:Super Leaf
  • 3DS Friend Code:4296-3066-7290

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

some of the first 3ds's have issues.My first one,the buttons made an unpleasant noise when you pushed them repeatedly.So i took it back and got a new one with nothing wrong.:)

Roses are red,

violets are blue,

never forget,

what I say to you.

Timing is vital,

aim must be true,

measure the angle,

and win, do!

#12 kunino-sagiri

kunino-sagiri

DK Balloon

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

If neither his nor his sisters now connect, and they did before, then it is very unlikely to be a problem with the 3DS's. Much more likely it is a problem with the way he is entering the settings, the way the router is configured, or something else like that. Basically, it's something he himself has overlooked/done wrong.

"I swear on the name of Dumuzid, the Shepherd, consort of Ishtar! Your ass is mine, punk!" - Thomas Mutton

#13 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:47 AM

Try rebooting your router + modem. They're flaky like that. Also, make sure that none of the router's settings were changed during the down-time, such as the activation of a firewall. If that still doesn't work, attempt to manually input your wireless settings if you've got the DS set to do so automatically.

EDIT: Can your DS connect to your router at all? If it can, do you receive an error code upon trying to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi? If so, look up the error code to see if you can be given any additional info.

some of the first 3ds's have issues.My first one,the buttons made an unpleasant noise when you pushed them repeatedly.So i took it back and got a new one with nothing wrong.:)

If neither his nor his sisters now connect, and they did before, then it is very unlikely to be a problem with the 3DS's. Much more likely it is a problem with the way he is entering the settings, the way the router is configured, or something else like that. Basically, it's something he himself has overlooked/done wrong.

Also, it was the 3DS, since it's now working today.I'm at home, and we have our own router. Also, it was the 3DS, since it's now working today.

That should make it clearer.

#14 kunino-sagiri

kunino-sagiri

DK Balloon

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

Ah, my apologies. I thought that you were referring to the 3DS itself, not its ability to connect to your router.

#15 Zexis

Zexis

Ex-staff

• Members
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

Well, we all know that careful reading is for losers anywho.

Zexi_zpsb52620eb.png2l9gqds.png

Signature art (left) made by Pocari, pixelated art (right) made by Dbuhos of the Blacklight forums

#16 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

Ah, my apologies. I thought that you were referring to the 3DS itself, not its ability to connect to your router.

By "It's working now" I meant "I can now connect to the internet with the 3DS" -- I was emphasizing, because despite saying "It now works" (which should have been obvious that I was talking about the internet connectivity), people still continued to give suggestions as to what the problem could be... or was, rather.

#17 Calztchi

Calztchi

Coin

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:54 AM

Well no offence, but it wasn't that obvious.
Anyway, did you find out what was wrong, or did your 3DS just start working properly again randomly?

#18 TheUltimateKoopa

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

Not really. All I know is this.
Internet connection goes down, and therefore, 3DS can't connect to the internet
Internet connection is back up, but 3DS still can't connect to internet
Eventually after probably a few hours, it can.

Again, it was pretty obvious...

The topic is called "Somehiow my 3DS (or my sisters) won't connect to the internet"

And my post was "Also, it was the 3DS, since it's now working today." -- as in it was the 3DS that was causing the problem and not the router, as it (the ability to connect to the internet) is working now.