• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to Talk Nintendo

Welcome to Talk Nintendo. This is a friendly community about the Nintendo and their games and you can take part simply and easily by joining. By doing this, you can post in the forums, play arcade games, start your own blog, download Nintendo music for free and much more. So join Talk Nintendo today, you won't regret it!

Additionally, joining Talk Nintendo gets rid of the ads.
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

3DS vs Wii U

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: 3DS vs Wii U (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which console is better, the 3DS or the Wii U?

1. The 3DS is the better console (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. The Wii U is the better console (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Both are equally as good (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

4. Other (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nin3DS

Nin3DS

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 9,399 posts
  • 3DS Friend Code:5472-6802-5195
Shop Items
Contributor

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Which of these consoles do you think is better so far and why?  I know this is a 3DS fan site, but we're not all ridiculously biased one way or other, right?

Personally I'd say they're pretty similar in quality (that being great consoles), although which ever one is better depends on what you're looking for.

As far as features go, I'd probably give it to the 3DS. The Wii U is good, but it doesn't have a whole lot of built in software or features like the 3DS does (no SwapNote, Face Raiders, AR stuff, StreetPass Mii Plaza games and modes, sound/music player).  That's one reason I haven't bought a Wii U yet to be honest, because once the two or three games I'd buy end, what then?  Do nothing until the next one comes out?

Games wise I'm split.  The 3DS has more games I think are 'interesting', like Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D Land, but the Wii U has the better third party games and New Super Mario Bros title.  The Wii U did have a better launch line up, but I suspect the 3DS will turn out to have had the better first year since Nintendo HAD to get Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 out as soon as possible and likely don't have to do the same for the Wii U equivalents.  I know a rushed game isn't a good thing normally, but in these cases it did at least mean we got two great games in a fairly short time frame rather than years apart.

But what system do you think is better and why?

QHbrz4a.png

Follow Nintendo 3DS Community on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/3DSCommunity

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!

http://www.youtube.c...tendo3DSChannel

Try out our new Smash Bros 4 site!

Super Smash Bros 4.com

Like Wario?  Discuss him and his games at Wario Forums now!

#2 TheTEChguy27

TheTEChguy27

Burger Sniper

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • 3DS Name:Tim/TEChguy27
  • Nintendo Network ID:TheTEChguy27

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I don't think comparing a handhold console to a home console makes much sense, since they're radically different forms of video game entertainment. The Wii U is better from a purely graphical standpoint, yet the 3DS has portability on its side and currently has a wider variety of games in its ever-growing library. Either way, they're both awesome consoles in their own ways.

Qsy4vdq.png

klB0rQD.pngkcg7VvL.pngbYxsJgP.pngd2RBYDb.png6i7e2mv.png

Ywm9GxL.png

#3 benoit489

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager

• Christmas Contest Winners
  • 1,066 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID:benoit489
  • 3DS Friend Code:1676-3757-7146
Shop Items

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Fridge vs Freezer

Go!

sig.gif

#4 Moclon

Moclon

Best troll ever

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  • Favourite 3DS game:Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • 3DS Name:Mike

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Fridge vs Freezer

Go!

Freezer,

Most things that can go into the Fridge can also go perfectly fine into the Freezer, however, some food products and medicine can't stay well for long periods of times in un-suiting temperatures.

Your turn,

Black vs White

MoclonSig1.jpg

Spoiler

#5 Rio021

Rio021

Pitfall Seed

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Various Games
  • Favourite 3DS game:The one I like the most.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I don't think comparing a handhold console to a home console makes much sense, since they're radically different forms of video game entertainment. The Wii U is better from a purely graphical standpoint, yet the 3DS has portability on its side and currently has a wider variety of games in its ever-growing library. Either way, they're both awesome consoles in their own ways.

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts on it, you can't really compare a home console to handheld.

And

I choose black, black goes with everything.

Posted Image
Spoiler

#6 Smashboy

Smashboy

Energetic and playful!

• Members
  • 565 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Monster Hunter 3G:Ultimate
  • Favourite 3DS game:Don't have a favorite.
  • 3DS Name:Smashboy
  • Nintendo Network ID:Smashboy64
  • 3DS Friend Code:4854-6751-4567

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Obviousely the WiiU is better but its not fair to compare a console to a handheld. The WiiU has only been out for so long but its obvious that the console has better hardware and will have better software garenteed,becuase devs wont be as limited as they would be on the handheld,and also all the important games are on consoles. Talk about a one sided fist fight,eh?

Your not one to troll but no offense,thats a pretty dumb match up,it isn't even fair for the 3DS. lol

My little pony Mlp Art mane 6 pinkie Pie 495076

#7 Lubban747

Lubban747

Shoukanjuu

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Game you're currently playing:Pokemon Y, MK7
  • Favourite 3DS game:Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
  • 3DS Name:Kaisen
  • Nintendo Network ID:Lubban747
  • 3DS Friend Code:1177-7279-9047

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

In the end it will come down to how each system's hardware is utilized by the available software. I've finally had a hands on with both systems but I believe that the 3ds has the edge since the 3d effect is always an option to use to enhance gameplay instead of just making everything look good.